Sunday, January 11, 2015

brrrrrr

Friday - was supposed to be an easy run but I decided to take another rest day.  Saturday morning I went to the gym with some friends and we got to do the following.

EMOM (Every minute on the minute)

1 pushup
Jumpsquats

4 min rest

EMOM

1 thruster
Jumpsquats


Basically- first min do 1 pushup then jumpsquats for the rest of the minute. Minute 2 - two pushups followed by jumpsquats.

I doubled up on the pushups up to round 7 and then lost feeling in my arms.  On the thrusters I doubled up until I was only able to get 12 in per minute.    I went lighter on the weight -reminding myself that form was much more important than trying to look like the dudes lifting the bigger weights.  I could have and done single thrusters but I wanted to work on short burst of power and keeping proper form.

We had the option to jump rope or do burpees between but I decided on jump squats to save my shoulder.

Got home and took in as many calories as I could without blowing up my stomach.  Had to get out on the road to do 11 miles.

Run went well.  Mod pace.  Set my 3rd fastest time for 15k so I'll count that as a solid effort.  Almost got run over at the end of the run.  Not only did the jack hole almost run me over but he decided to flip me off and roll down his window to tell me to go fuck myself.   I'm going to start carrying a rocket launcher.

Here is the run.  You have to love the adrenaline at the end where I run 7's for the last .3 miles because of the happy man in the truck.


No comments:

Post a Comment